Texas Council of IMA is one of twenty-two regional councils within the Institute of Management Accountants. The Texas Council represents four Institute of Management Accountants (IMA) chapters: Austin, Dallas Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio.
The council’s purpose is to:
Each council consists of:
- Further the objectives of the IMA and its members
- Promote and facilitate cooperation and communication between chapters
- Provide a means to pool resources to assist chapters with attaining their objectives
- Board of Directors, based upon election
- IMA Chapter representative(s), selected by the Chapter
- Additional IMA members that can attend
All council members have the opportunity for national service. The council elects one of its members to represent the Council on the IMA national board of directors. In addition, IMA Members of the council may serve on IMA national committees.
Texas Council meetings are held quarterly on a Saturday, to accommodate work and travel schedules, in various locations based upon which Chapter sponsors the meeting. Although the meeting format/agenda changes, we try to touch upon all of the following:
- Brief Reports from IMA National Committees
- Hot News Impacting the Financial Industry
- Individual Chapter Summaries - Events, Success Stories, Achievements, Failures, etc.
- Overall Issues that Chapters are currently facing
- Old/New Business
- Special Projects - for example Annual Education Event
In addition, there are plenty of events scheduled throughout the weekend to encourage networking, education, fellowship, and lots of fun.
Please take a moment to view what we have to offer...